Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gift Giving B&B the Handmade Way!

Well, well, well, finally we're dusting off the blog after the Holidays, and starting the New Year (Happy New Year!!) but I'm doing so with a post related to the Holidays, and all the gift giving that goes on.


I have a pretty good stock of B&B products, cause I usually either buy some extra stuff to have handy in case I need to put a gift together, or buy it with an intended person on mind, or use the extras I get sometimes on packages to give as gifts!


This Holidays, I realized it would be a good idea to put together a lil gift for my older nephew's girlfriend, something for my sis-in-law and while I was at it, I realized I needed something for my friends Irene and Gema too... So, I started thinking, and decided to grab a few of the B&B goodies I have around, and get them in assorted into gift baskets. Since I had no baskets around the house, I got some plastic/poly containers (the ones you get with food/fruit) and some nice wrapping paper, and voilá! I got three lovely gift sets!


This is the one I made for Laura, my nephew's girlfriend:




A Spa Therapy body lotion, a Right As Rain Lavender Happy Feet cream, a soy candle from Mrs Tattooed Geek (Etsy shop closed), a cupcake bath fizzy from My Other Princess (she's closed shop too, I'm gonna be hoarding my stash from now on!), one of Sweet Petula's mini soaps and a Spa Therapy lip balm!


This is the one I made for my friend Irene:




A Spa Therapy body mist, the must have Lavender Happy Feet cream from Right As Rain (her Peppermint cream is brilliant too!), the Pink Champagne soap from Two Rivers Soaps, a Spa Therapy bath melt, a cupcake bath fizzy from My Other Princess, a soy candle from Mrs Tattooed Geek and a Body Language Soaps lip balm!


And here you can see my sis-in-law opening her package and my friend Gema's face of surprise and delight when she saw hers!






Proof that giving handmade is always the right answer!

2 comments:

Gothcupcake said...

The gift sets were a great idea! I love giving handmade because it is always unique! Lucky ladies!

Right As Rain Creations said...

You did a lovely job on those gift sets - I'm inspired! I'm honored that my foot cream played a part of such thoughtful gifts. :)